7 Ways to Succeed in the Sport of Dating!
by: Amy Schoen
Do you play sports? If you do, you have some skills that can carry over to your dating to improve your chances of being successful on the dating field.
I have been playing tennis since a young age. I understand that there is a physical and mental component to playing the game of tennis. The same is true for golf, softball, bowling and any other sport that requires hand-eye coordination. Here are some tips that you can follow to improve your dating score!
1. In sports, you need to visualize yourself as being successful. If you see yourself as a good tennis player and hitting all winners, you will probably play to that level! In dating, you need to see yourself as being successful, as well. If you believe a date will go well, (and you want it to), you will be more likely to have a successful date.
2. In sports, you want to access what kind of player you want to be in a game with. You want to play with someone of your own ability level or you’ll quickly get bored. In dating, you want to be with someone who is on your same intellectual and emotional level (spiritual for some) or else you will surely lose interest over the long haul.
3. In sports, it is best not to dwell on your past bad performance. Look forward towards making your next point or shot. In the same way, in dating you don't want to think about how bad your last date went. You want to focus on having a good experience this time around.
4. In sports it is important to keep your eye on the ball -- where it's coming from and where you want it to go. As in dating, you want to keep the focus on your goal of your time together and end result you desire.
5. In sports, one needs to access your opponent's strengths and weaknesses. In a game, you play to your opponents weaknesses. In dating you focus on the opposite -- your date' strengths. You look at how you can work as a team instead of opponents. Here, you look to work from each other's strengths, and minimize weaknesses.
6. In sports, to improve your performance, it takes practice. You need to get out and hit the ball again and again in order to anticipate and formulate strategies. In dating, the more you go out and meet different people, the easier it gets. When you get out there regularly, you are able to pick out more quickly who is right for you and who is not.
7. In sports, you take lessons from a coach or trainer to fine-tune your strokes and/or learn how to play game more successfully. In dating, a coach can help you improve your approach and strategies in order to be more successful.
By applying the same tried and true formula for success for sports to dating, you will see how easy it is to improve your skills on the dating game field.
About the Author:
Amy Schoen, principal of Heartmind Connection (http://www.heartmindconnection.com ) has been transforming people to be their best for over 20 years. Amy has the gift of visualization and uses it to help her clients visualize the kind of life they truly desire. Contact Amy at CoachAmy@heartmindconnection.com or 240-498-7803 for a complimentary phone coaching session and learn how to make the best decisions for you using both the heart and your mind.
©2005, Amy Schoen, Heartmind Connection, LLC. All Rights Reserved.